Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tender Mercies

I had an experience today that reminded me of God's love for me and my family. I was running around doing last minute errands to prepare for our trip. I was thinking about some concerns that I have and wondering how things would resolve and if God was aware. I ran out of gas on the way to Jerry's office to get the card to go get gas. As I sat there wondering how things would work out, people came to my aid. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I thought about God sending others to serve and help. I also felt like Gary had something to do with me being watched over and protected. I can honestly say that I felt him close. I know he is watching over us as individuals and a family. I really miss him this time of year and I know his family does, too. I can't help but think of all the lives he is touching on the other side and how his work there is so valuable. I hope I will continue to feel his presence during this holiday season. How grateful I was for this experience and reminder.

No comments: